Although I love blogging, and that was my first introduction to the world of writing about food, there’s nothing quite as fulfilling as the publication of a cookbook after months of hard word. Holding that hefty tome, seeing pictures I took on those glossy pages… nothing beats that.
I was fortunate to be half of the creative duo that published the Game of Thrones Cookbook, A Feast of Ice and Fire, in 2012. it was my first foray into such a publication, and it was an uphill learning experience all the way, from photography, to recipe layout, to meeting deadlines with two fridges stuffed with food. Our friends ate well that year.
Although I still finish the occasional blog recipe, I largely focus on writing cookbooks now. I love the challenge of staging a photo to invoke a temporary suspension of disbelief, where it seems that the veil between the fiction and reality has thinned somewhat. Dishes in a cookbook or on a blog cannot be tasted or smelled, so that appeal has to be made up for with the staging. I’m so incredibly honored to have been entrusted with these much-loved worlds.
Check out the links below to learn more about each cookbook!
- A Feast of Ice and Fire – A Song of Ice and Fire book series/Game of Thrones television series, 2011
- The World of Warcraft Cookbook – World of Warcraft video game, 2016
- Hearthstone: Innkeeper’s Tavern Cookbook – Hearthstone digital card game, 2017
- The Elder Scrolls Cookbook – Elder Scrolls video game franchise, 2019
- The Big Damn Cookbook – The Firefly television series, 2019
- The Overwatch Cookbook – the Overwatch video game, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Cookbook – the Star Wars franchise, 2019
- And check back soon to see what’s next!