I had a recent request for a list of the sources we used to research dishes for the cookbook, A Feast of Ice and Fire. Here’s that list!
Cookbook of Ice and Fire Bibliography:
- Forme of Cury, 14th C.
- Two 15th C. Cookery-Books
- A Propre new booke of Cokery, 1545
- A Noble Boke of Cookry, 1501
- Le Confiturier Français, 17th C.
- Le Viandier de Taillevent, 14th C.
- The Art of Cookery Refin’d and Augmented, 1654
- Ein Buch von Guter Spise, 1350
- The Compleat Cook, 1671
- What to Eat and How to Cook it, 1863
- Platina, 1517
- Le Cuisinier Francois, 1651
- Apicius, 4th C.
- Le Menagier de Paris, 1393
- Lucayos Cookbook, 1690
- The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Knight Opened, 1669