Yes, it’s official.

We have won the Game of Food!

We are absolutely thrilled to announce that we are the authors of the forthcoming cookbook, A Feast of Ice and Fire.

We plan to keep cooking and updating the blog in the meantime, but we will be doing a great deal of scurrying around behind the scenes, perfecting recipes and staging awesome photos. The book is due out May 29th, 2012, but we’ll be bringing even more recipes to the blog in the meantime, so keep in touch!

57 Responses to Cookbook of Ice and Fire

1. Rhay says:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! I’ll be buying the book and cooking along in the meantime!

2. ducky says:

The awesomeness of this news can’t be contained!! Congrats my dear ldies, and I’ll be waiting with baited breath!! For the cookbook, and recipes, too!!!

3. 00hubbax00 says:

Congratulations!! So exciting for you (and the rest of us, poor hungry souls…)
    I’m looking forward to this for sure!

4. heartofoshun says:

That is so exciting. I hope it is out next fall–just in time for the winter holidays!

5. Congratulations!!!

I’m so excited for this book! I’ll preorder it/buy it right away. Depending on the options, you know? :P Can’t wait!

6. jewelalchemy says:

holy moly, so awesome!! congratulations! :)

7. Anna says:

How exciting! Congratulations!!

8. chris says:

Huge congrats!! I can’t wait! If you’re looking for test-cookers, I’ll be happy to oblige :)

9. Tami in Ruidoso says:

Yea! Good for you…and us too!

10. Nathan Schattman says:

I’d say I’m speechless from the news, but really I am gobling corn fritters.

11. Deborah Koren says:

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I can’t wait to get my copy!

12. I’m so very happy for you. Hopefully the publishers will also be springing for some of the more expensive ingredients so you can expand to the really elaborate dishes. And I hope they don’t try to make you eat/make dog sausage. Congratulations!

13. Bry says:

Congratulations on the book deal! I will definitely buy a copy when it’s released. Heck, I’ll probably buy copies as holiday gifts for my friends!

14. That’s an awesome reward for your amazing work on this blog! HUZZAH and CONGRATS!

15. Kinna says:

I’ve been stopping by this website for a while to see what you’ve been cooking up and get some inspiration for meals. You definitely deserve a cookbook based on this! It not only brings the food in the books to life, but also offers reasonable way to recreate really old recipes. Good luck with the process and I look forward to finding it on the shelf!

16. CE Murphy says:

Oh, that’s *cool*. Congratulations!

17. My says:

Yay! Congratulations! Keep up the good work! I will definately be bying the book when it is published. :)

18. sarto82 says:

Congrats!!!!!!!!

19. So exciting – congratulations! Definitely will buy this book. And Bry has it right, this will make an excellent holiday gift for our foodie/fantasy/GRRM fan friends!

20. Scott Ebent says:

Congrats! Can’t wait to add this book to my shelf. Although I predict I wont stay on the shelf long and in the kitchen! It will be an excellent addition to my one and lonely medieval cookbook!
    I’ll be happily cooking up some of the recipes you have now while I wait!

You may even want to include how fans and readers of your book can set a themed meal, such as the table settings and decor, for friends or family to enhance the mood and what to look for to provide that experience!

21. Looking forward to let you take all my money! :)

22. Well done guys, you deserve it.

23. keshia says:

Great news! Congratulations :)

24. Kitty says:

I will be super excited to buy this in its opening week. Your recipes, and your research, are incredible. I love it! Good show! <3

25. Dave says:

Congrats! That’s so awesome. I’ve starting learning to cook using your recipes, can’t wait for the cookbook!

26. Attila says:

Strangely, for someone who can’t cook, I own several themed cookbooks … and look forward to adding this one to their number! *makes note*

27. Nuchtchas says:

Congratulations, this is awesome!

28. Carcosa says:

Awesooooooooooome!
    I love this blog, and it’s really sparked in me a love for cooking and especially for eating. Can’t wait to see the cookbook.

29. Ruby says:

Fantastic news! I hope it’s ready in time for Christmas!

30. Rich Boye says:

This is indeed terrific news. Iam so happy for you!

31. www.cursedarmada.com says:

mmm I cant wait!!!

32. Dea Anne says:

Congratulations! I am a new reader here but I have to say that I love this blog and the recipes! I’ll be looking for the book with great anticipation.

33. That is fantastic!! Congratulations – and well deserved!

34. Mrs. Premise says:

Yay! and Woohoo! Congratulations! :)

35. zulistudios says:

Wonderful, wonderful! I will gladly plunk down some money for that! Oooh, Game of Thrones parties, it’s on!

36. Jon says:

Awesome! Congrats ladies!

37. A_Boleyn says:

Congratulations on the positive result of all your hard work.

38. Congrats so much! This is just Awesome! I will definitely be buying a copy when it comes out!

39. RiveraTomsheck says:

Yay, I can’t wait! I have become even more creative in the kitchen since I discovered this site!

40. Jennifer says:

Hooray for you and HOORAY FOR US!!! I can’t WAIT to own it!!!

41. Angelina Wekasa says:

This one will go on my bookshelf right beside Mr. Martin’s books….Although I may have to buy two copies to keep one in the kitchen! Congrats and thanks for your continuing hard work!

42. Kate says:

Congrats! Well done, ladies!

43. Jen in Oregon says:

Wow! Such wonderful news!

44. Aimee says:

Beyond awesome – I can’t wait to buy this. Congratulations!

45. Sarah says:

Congratulations!!! About time you spread your awesomeness to a Thones-hungry world. I can’t wait to have the book to place beside all my other ASOIAF ones!

46. rflong says:

I can’t believe how long I have to wait to get hold of this! I mean… oh wait… ;)

Hurray! Congratulations

47. Jen says:

OH MY GOD YES.

48. Stuart says:

I really want to see fresh rat on a stick in the book that sounds really appetizing :-) Also does anyone know where i can find a wildboar? I really want to see the Wife try and recreate Roberts Feast for my next birthday (which the book is out just in time for :-) )

congrats on getting the Job I’m looking forward it. (omg i just realised the wife has more reason to cook with Fire Peppers now :-/ might have to pull those pages from the book before she gets to them :-) hmmm the sandwich im eating doesn’t really satisfy after thinking of all the feas from asoiaf

49. iMadrid says:

Will there be a recipe for Flea Bottom Brown Stew on the book? lolz =)

50. Adam says:

Absolutely buying this book. I was just having a conversation with a friend about how a book like this needed to be made, thanks for taking the time to do it! The recipes look great!

51. Lauren says:

Another pre-order for the cookbook!

Will it include the amazing photographs of recipes?? They really make the recipes come to life.

52. Ironborn Bum says:

Finally I will dine on better fare than weasel stew and Fleabottom pigeon! Provided my saltwife is able to read the cookbook…