Hello all!

Just wanted to let you know that we are going on a brief hiatus for the next week or so. We will be on a camping trip in western PA. In Slippery Rock. With 12,000 of our friends. Yes, you know what we mean.  :)

Expect many more delicious posts, recipes, and photos after we get back, sometime around the 14th.

In the meantime, we’ll see some of you on the ‘ghetti!

10 Responses to Brief Hiatus

1. Jennifer says:

Have fun, but DO try not to raise any demons that look like Ryan Kwanten’s ex-girlfriend, okay? ;-)

2. laruse says:

Well, that confirmed what I had been assuming. :-) Would love to stop in and say hello at Pennsic. Safe travels!

3. McSherrie says:

We’ll miss you, but enjoy Penzac!

4. SoulEating says:

Omgah! Have fun at Pennsic and stay cool! My brother said it’s been fiendishly hot! Seek out Tarzan/Nearly Naked Boy/John/Greystoke for a good, professional massage in Vlad’s encampment and tell him Claudia sent you ;)

@laruse – I was totally wondering too ;)

5. Paula Murray says:

go Pennsic!

6. Elena Amici says:

what i’m going to write will look incredibly gross, but… are you going to write any “pork” pie recipes sooner or later? lol

7. Selkie says:

Have a great time, and please bring back some good War Stories!

8. harbqll says:

I should have known you two were Scadian. Hope you had fun at the War! Any chance you’ll be at Gulf War in March?

9. Rahere fitz Ranulf says:

Why am I not surprised? I’ve been reading this blog (backwards, having just found it today) and every single recipe has lead me to think, “Hmm. I could do that for our Baron’s next feast!” Or, “Hmm. Perfect eventing food, that.” Now I find out why….

Oh, and you should know that all of this is entirely new to me; indeed, I went out on a hunt for medieval recipes on the theory that, as someone entirely new to cooking, I should try for something period, as I always seem more willing to stick with period things until I get them right, and cooking isn’t something I want to give up on after my (inevitable) first failure….